Today i am beginning to adapt on my ideas for a film opening and which genre I am thinking about using.
I have contemplated many different Genres. Firstly, I have decided against doing a comedy as they are difficult to pull off and could easily go wrong as in some comedies the films do not become funny until the middle of the film when events begin to unfold. After much contemplation I settled on Teen Drama, a sub genre of Drama, and began to think about themes that I could include. In researching the conventions of a teen drama I found that more often than not, teen dramas have soap opera elements, allowing the young adult characters to grow and develop over time while facing an array of "realistic" teen issues.
I considered incorporating themes such as pregnancy (like in juno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SKf0K3bxg), abuse, death, terminal illness, fighting, bullying, neglect, drugs and drinking, all of which are serious themes and could be easily portrayed in a dramatic way. In the end I settled for the themes mental illness (OCD) and unlikely friendship.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder
I researched films and tv programmes that have included OCD as a theme and came across Scrubs who depicts OCD in both a funny and poignant way. Here are some examples of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder
I researched films and tv programmes that have included OCD as a theme and came across Scrubs who depicts OCD in both a funny and poignant way. Here are some examples of this:
OCD being portrayed in an amusing light:
OCD being portayed in a poignant way:
No comments:
Post a Comment