Today, I felt like I would be a little bit creative and create a Collage of a few pictures and quotes from Leaving which I felt expressed and reflected the meaning of the song. First of all I found a picture of what seems to be a couple shouting at each other and some pictures of empty / broken bottles which I thought would fit in with my new ideas for themes. I also added some symbolic pictures such as the rope as this links with the metaphor of my actress being tied up and 'trapped' by her relationship which I have included in my video. Another picture which I thought was quite symbolic of the song was the picture of the dying flowers - as this could be interpreted as the couples love fading/ dying away.
I included some quotes from the song Leaving such as 'Too Many Mistakes', 'Breaking Every Day' and 'You're a real disgrace' as I think that these are quite powerful statements and reflect the meaning of the pictures, especially the pictures of the broken hearts which remind me of the lyrics ' Breaking Every Day', which can also be linked to the picture of the broken bottle.

No comments:
Post a Comment