Below is my directors commentary which I filmed and then edited using final cut express. I thought that the best way to present this was to film pictures of my advert and digipak and explain some of the reasons why I did certain things, as this would be a more interesting and understandable. Although, I did not include footage of my actual final music video as I thought that I could present this on my blog in another style, thus allowing more creativity and multimedia. For some shots used in my directors commentary, I filmed close up shots of the areas of the advert and digipak that I was referring to, and overlapped them with the relevant pieces of footage of myself speaking during editing, so that people could see the specific part I was talking about more clearly.
To expand on some of the points I have made in my directors commentary, and in regard to the point made about the eye line of the artist; I thought this was very effective as it puts forward to the audience the idea of her being vulnerable and sensitive, which a key focus in the music video. This is also key in establishing the mood of the artists' music, as it comes across as quite sombre and thoughtful. I also think this depicts her as being quite personal, which links in with the personal lyrics of the music.
No comments:
Post a Comment