Wednesday, 22 February 2012

More Advert Images

After putting all of my images together (i.e. the cutout image of Hannah, the flowers and the picture of the digipak) and the main text for the image, I found that the poster was still looking quite plain and needed something else to make it more interesting and symmetrical.
At first I thought of using clouds as a background  in the top left hand corner of the poster because I thought that this would give the poster a soft touch, however after looking at the popular website 'We Heart It' I found some interesting pictures of some 'lone winter trees' which caught my eye.


I thought that using a lonely, dead-looking winter tree would be better than using clouds because they fit in with the theme of the music more, as well as creating a better look for the poster, as the snow in the background of the pictures is white and doesn't add too much unwanted colour, as I already have enough colour in what my actress is wearing and in the flowers. The white of the pictures will allow me to pick and choose the colours of my text more easily as I have more of a choice. Using a blue landscape with the clouds would have limited my choices of colours because I'd have to use colours that would stand out more against the blue.

In regard to keeping in theme with my music, the last picture does especially. 'A Winter Heart' is definitely a strong contender as a choice as the tree is clearly shaped like a heart, which creates a metaphor of love 'dying' and feeling cold and secluded, which I think creates quite a strong and clear message.

No comments:

Post a Comment