Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Looking Over My Footage

Today I finished uploading my footage and afterwards looked over it, I am pleased with the shots that I have managed to take, although there seem to be a few glitches with some of the footage. With some of the shots the footage seems to jump and go a bit pixelated in places as the camera moves and/or when the actress moves, I'm not sure if this is a glitch to do with the camera which occurred when filming (which would be disastrous as I'd have to film these particular shots again) or whether it is to do with the way that the footage was uploaded. However, I am hoping that this is just a minor glitch that can be fixed easily and I will try to do so as soon as possible.

In spite of this, I began to edit some of the shots that were not suffering from ill-fated pixelation (*shakes fist*) in regards to cutting them down and speeding up some shots that were too slow. My favourite shot so far which I have shortened has to be a shot I acquired of a Ladybird sitting on a flower, as the colours are quite eye catching and natural. I actually found the ladybird in the middle of the garden and decided on a spur of the moment shot which at the time, I did not think I would use in my final production. However, after looking at my footage I found that the shot actually fit in quite well as it looks as if the ladybird is hiding in the corner of the petal by itself, and this can be somewhat interpreted as a subtle metaphor for the actress in the video being alone, as if she is the ladybird hiding. On the other hand, even if the audience does not see the lady bird as a metaphor they will surely find the image itself aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment