Today I decided to do some more editing with my pictures at home, yet again using my own simplistic editing software rather than photoshop. As we did not have a lesson today in which I could use the Macs to carry on with the editing of my footage in Final Cut Express, and so I felt that it would be unproductive to not carry on with some other work that I may otherwise not have time for later on.
Here is one of the pictures that I edited. I really like this picture as it is a long shot which thus shows more of the beauty of the garden. However, because of this, it is not clear that the actress is tied up as you can not see the string properly, and so I feel that it would be unwise to use it as part of my digipack as it does not portray the message of the metaphor clearly enough. I really liked the picture despite this and wanted to at least share it on my blog so that it could be seen, and also because I thought there was quite a lot to talk about in regards to both the editing of it and the actress, Hannah Epstein.
The picture itself is a little blurry, I think that is mainly because it's so zoomed out, or because I did not allow the camera to focus enough before I took the picture, either way it's not as high quality as the other pictures I took. Which is slightly disappointing in the fact that the string may have been more clear if the camera focused properly (assuming this was the problem) and I therefore could have used it in my digipack. On the other hand, the blurriness kind of gives an overall 'softness' about the whole picture which could suggest the sense of the vulnerability of the actress to the audience.
Another thing that I really like about this picture is the fact that Hannah is looking away from the camera as if she can not bare to face it, this could be metaphorical for not being able to face her relationship, or even her looking away trying to find a way to escape. Furthermore, I think that this picture can also be interpreted as a symbolic way of showing that she is 'watching the world go by' and watching time pass as she stays trapped in one place.
Although there are a lot of positives in regards to this picture on it's overall look and symbolism, I believe I have better, more clearer pictures which portray the message of the song more clearly and so I doubt that I will use this when it comes to making my digipack.
No comments:
Post a Comment