Today I finished my front cover for my digipak and I am quite pleased with the results! I made a few changes to my initial idea (i.e. placing the title/name of album in my actresses eyeline) as the font could not be seen very well because of the leaves in the background, despite changing the colour of the font multiple times.

However, I think that the position it is placed in is also quite effective as it is still eye catching and the background is not as busy and so can be read more clearly. I also decided to place the title of the album above it, in a smaller and different font that has more of a 'curly' and 'handwritten' look. As I had seen many other R&B albums where this had been done, such as Rihannas 'Music Of The Sun'. Although on Rihannas album, it was the reverse, having the artist name in a wavier font and the title of the album in a straight font with capital letters.
I decided to do the reverse on my album cover as I thought that having the title of the artist in a large straight font would symbolise the strength and empowerment of the artist.
No comments:
Post a Comment