For example, I think that the image on the left would make a good album cover for multiple reasons, (See my 'Day Of Filming' blog post of 29th October) as the camera angle is really interesting in the fact that it is looking down on her - suggesting that she is weaker and more vulnerable than the person who is looking down on her. Furthermore, the way that she is facing to the side opens opportunities for some good editing, as it looks as though she is staring at something in particular. I could use this by putting the title of the artist in the way of her eyeline if I was to use it as a front cover, or if I was to use it as the back cover I could put the title of the songs down the side. This could indicate, through the sadness and emotion of her expression, that she has put a lot of thought and feelings into her music.Another Picture I have been considering is this picture of my actress to the right, as first and foremost, It is a simple mid shot of the artist, and a lot of R&B artists use close/mid shots as their album covers, and this would thereby fit in with the genre of music and attract the right target audience.
Secondly, It also has a similar effect as the previous picture in the fact that the artist is facing away, which would allow me to place the artist name/ track names in a position that could signify the artist spilling her emotions into the music.
This picture of the flower and the ladybird I am considering using for my Disk tray, as I think the metaphor of the artist being 'the lonely ladybird' is quite effective, as well as it being aesthetically pleasing. I also like this picture as an option for the disktray as the ladybird can be placed perfectly in the middle of the CD, so that it is in the middle of the circle, furthering the metaphor of the ladybird being alone/trapped. Furthermore, the picture reminds me of the flower used for the disk in Rihannas digipak for 'Loud' (below), which is also of the R&B genre.
No comments:
Post a Comment