Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Disaster.

Started uploading footage today and came across a multitude of problems. Firstly, it has come to light that the camera I used over the holidays was damaged inside where the cassette goes, thus damaging it and also seemingly damaging my footage. When it came to uploading the footage I found that the footage on the 'Capture' option in Final Cut Express kept jumping, and would only capture a few seconds of footage at a time before a message came onto the screen telling me that there was something wrong with the tape. At this point I felt to cry, thinking all my time and effort that was put into filming over the holidays had gone to waste. However, by the end of the lesson I was able to upload the footage through iMovie and then transfer the footage over to Final Cut Express. Tomorrow I will look over the footage and see if it's still acceptable for use in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment